Sunday, January 10, 2016

Stringers installed on second float half

I uploaded a quick video showing some work on the Starboard float raised deck framing.
No audio as I haven't taken the time to figure out the GoPro Studio software yet.
 - They do provide some templates with music, but from what I can tell it's all adrenaline junkie selections. I didn't think it fit in well with a middle-aged guy walking around a wooden structure.

**UPDATE**
YouTube makes it easy to insert some music and add some comments. I made a few quick edits and it's a bit better now. The learning curve continues!

Anyway, I did get the stringers (battens) installed in the second float half. I think it came out better than the first half, but I was forced to use pieces and scraps toward the end due to some poor quality (knotty) wood being used for the initial cuts.

Note to self:
Don't rely on the delivery guys to pick clear lumber.

Later today my son and I will be relocating the left over stack of MDF and cleaning the shop.


In the middle of this float you can just make out the raised deck section to match the other float.


No comments:

Post a Comment