Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Sore today

Yesterday after work I hit the gym for the first time since surgery. The weights did seem quite a bit heavier since last time I was there and yes, this old man is feeling it today!

Anyway, after sleeping on it and reviewing some photos over at Henny's site I believe I'm on the right track with removing frames 5 & 11 and adjusting the cut before proceeding. At this point, it'll just cost me the evening to remove the frames and make the alteration.

I also have a note out to both Henny and Ian regarding the raised deck measurements. 
I know Henny ran into problems with beam sizes early on which cost him some time reworking the float, but he was using a preliminary set of plans. 
  • Design change: After the summer holiday break I received an e-mail from Ian Farrier, announcing that the preliminarily drawings are now replaced by the final design plans, with some minor changes ...... One of them effected my job so far dramatic: the new designed beams are much wider and won't fit anymore between my raised deck area. So I had to take the saw for cutting some big holes, really not a nice job. The final fairing was just finished, but on the positive side, due to my sailing holiday I didn't cut in yet the lashing holes in the molded tube for the wing netting.
I'm pretty sure Ian has the correct measurements in the set of plans I have - but I'm erring on the side of caution. 

Standby...

No comments:

Post a Comment