Monday, December 19, 2016

Post Curing and Bulkhead templates

The weather has turned unseasonably cold and I've turned down the shop temp quite a bit to save some money on the utility bills. In the meantime, I'm working on post curing the float interior by moving the heating blanket around every eight hours when I can get to it. Unfortunately, some work related issues are keeping me away from home more than usual which is putting a bit of a damper on getting the cure completed.

This weekend I worked on building out two bulkhead templates (Frame #5 & #11)

I started by cutting out infusion flange and leveling off the foam to match the other half  in the bulkhead areas. Then I used a piece of cardboard to establish the rough shape before tracing that pattern onto a scrap piece of Luan.

Once that was cut and marked with center line information I used some tape pieces as a super "Low-Tech" solution to establish the final shape that would be traced onto the final template piece. It took quite a while, but the final template is a good fit and can now be used to transfer the shape over to some foam pieces.










No comments:

Post a Comment